It was once a no go place for travellers or government officials in this western part of Nepal. The western hilly part of Nepal were mostly occupied by the Maoist fighters. This route was often used by the fighters to attack the government posts or as a hiding place for the Maoist. Most of the people were or had to be Maoist for the security of them self to live in this part of the country. Our trip known as the Guerrilla trek takes you to the heart of the Maoist capital and its surroundings.
Guerrilla trek follows the same route was used by the Maoist fighters’ during 13 years long civil war. This is one of the least trekked areas of Nepal and now after the war is over you will enjoy the trek because of the local life that can be observed and shared with the people. Guerrilla trek or the Maoist trekking trail has very basic accommodation so while trekking in this route you will be staying in peoples houses or camping. The area that suffered a lot from civil war is one of the most diverse in terms of culture, nature. The scenic views of Himalayas, high pastureland hills and the peaceful trekking route make this place more interesting and enjoyable. The trek also passes by only the hunting reserve of Nepal which is Dhorpatan Hunting reserve. We will also visit some places that are special for the Maoist history.
The people had lost their culture during civil war time. Now the culture is back and people have started enjoying their festivals and culture. Guerrilla trek is a perfect way to know how the communism (Maoist) started in Nepal. What brought the country known as peace country to have one of the fierce fighting in country? You will meet and stay with some nicest people who were involved in the war as guerrilla fighters. Their economy is gone down because of their history but now tourism can become one of the best way to help these people to generate income.
Guerrilla Trek Info
- The trek through the one of the undisturbed trekking route of Nepal.
- View of the 6th highest mountain of the world and other Himalayan range.
- Meet the Magar and puns of the hilly region, famous for their bravery shown against the British invasion and unification of Nepal.
- Knowing the communist history that faced the civil war for 13 years.
- Day 01: Kathmandu arrival and briefing in the evening.
- Day 02: Heritage sightseeing in Kathmandu: Pashupati Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, Monkey Temple and Kathmandu Durbar square permit preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara and drive to Beni/ Darbang, 7-8 Hours, 1070meters.
- Day 04: Darbang to Takam, 1675 meters, 5-6 Hours.
- Day 05: Takam to Lumsung, 2190 meters, 5 hours.
- Day 06: Lumsung to Jaljala, 3420 meters, 4-5 Hours.
- Day 07: Jaljala to Dhorpatan, 2870 meters, 6-7 Hours.
- Day 08: Dhorpatan to Niseldhor, 2620 meters, 5-6 Hours.
- Day 09: Niseldhor to Pallo Sera, 6-7 Hours.
- Day 10: Pallo Sera to Tela pass (3040 meters) to Kankri, 1700 meters, 5-6 hours.
- Day 11: Kankri to Thawang, 1775 meters, 5 Hours.
- Day 12: Thawang visiting day and conversation with local people.
- Day 13: Thawang to Jaljala, 3090 meters, 4 Hours, (camping needed).
- Day 14: Jaljala to Jelbang, 1635 meters, 5-6 hours.
- Day 15: Jelbang to Sulichaur, 830 meters, 5-6 hours.
- Day 16: Sulichaur to Bhalu Bang or Nepalganj 4/5 hours drive.
- Day 17: Bhalubang/ Nepalganj to Kathmandu Departure.
- Accommodations in twin bed Sharing BB plan basis in Kathmandu for 3 nights and Pokhara 2 nights in a standard Hotel.
- KTM International Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer by Private Comfortable Car
- Home stay or Camping lodge during trekking days. Most of the tea houses are very basic but we provide the cleanest and comfortable one.
- Flight 30 minutes / drive 7 hours Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Darbang.
- Transportation by private car to airport and to Baglung bus station.
- Guide and porter for the trek.
- Tour Guide during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Sightseeing entrance fees to above mentioned places
- Meals for guests during trekking days B, L, D (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- All official document process charges including Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, TIMS card for trekking.
- Insurance, Transportation, Wages, Equipment’s and all meals & Lodges for the trek staff
- First Aid Kid Box (for Normal Treatment only)
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees
- Any kind of drinks during trekking.
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Travel & health Insurance- emergency helicopter rescue insurance (most recommended)
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu encase of early return from trekking than schedule itinerary.
- Tips for trekking staffs after completing visit.
- Hot shower, battery charges (available in trek with extra cost or free in some lodges).
- Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trek, and helicopter rescue in Trek.
- Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control.
- Personal expenses such as the phone calls, laundry service, internet, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower, etc.
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned above will be paid by clients themselves..
If you have any plans for the remaining days in Nepal and you would prefer, lets us know we are always here to help you so that you can enjoy your day by visiting wild life National park or Jungle Safari ,Rafting, paragliding, Sightseeing etc.
Namaste and Shuvayatra.