This is an ideal Peak for people are the beginners who would prefer a Himalayan experience but easy. Island Peak which lies south of Everest metering 6182 above sea level also offers a combination of a trek to Everest Base camp. Trekking to one of the most famous trek in the world, Everest Base camp trek and then conquering Island Peak 6182m/ 20276 feet is something people do once in life.
Island Peak that is situated between the highest Himalayan ranges of the world is famous for the climbers who would like to experience high altitude climbing within few days, meet the famous Sherpa people and knowing their culture along with one of the best adventure.
Info about the trek.
- Starting point: Lukla airport 2840m/93152 foot.
- Ending point: Kathmandu domestic airport.
- Total trip Duration: 21 days, 17 days trek and climb, 3 days in Kathmandu.
- Trekking difficulty: 3* out of 5, (Hotel upgrade available in client’s interest).
- Accommodation during the trek: Tea houses/ lodges and camping.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu: 2* Hotel/ 3nights.
- Highest point of the trek: 6182 meters/ 20276 feet Island Peak.
- Highest peak view: Everest 8848m/29021 feet.
Highlight of the trek
- Everest Base Camp 5360m, Kalapatthar (5545m) view of Everest (Highest point on Earth 8848m).
- View of Lotse (8501m) 4th highest, Makalu (8463m) 5th highest in the world.
- View of Khumbu glacier and ice fall.
- Meet the Sherpa people (famous for climbing Himalayas) and know their culture.
- Tangbouche Monastery the most famous monastery in Khumbu valley.
- Adventure mountaineering experience with Island peak climbing.